Taxes and rules invoicing an American company from UK



Messages count : 2
Likes count : 0
Registration : 21 July 2020
Contact in PM
Dear all,

I am new here so first of all thanks for letting me join and for, hopefully, solve my queries.
I am an italian national with an Italian "partita iva". I work as a freelancer for an American travel company as a service provider and getting regularly paid. Now I wish to move to the UK before the end of 2020 and I want to sign up as sole trader and keep on working and invoicing the same company. Apart from paying the 20% of taxes from £ 12,501 up (I know the first 12,500 are tax free), do I have to pay any other taxes since the money come from the USA? In Italy I don't, but now sure about the UK. I don't earn more than 25k per year so I read I don't have to pay VAT either.
Thank you for any help you can offer.

Connecting tech talent

Free-Work THE platform for all IT professionals.

Its contents and its IT job board are 100% free of charge for contractors and freelancers.

Recruiters area
2024 © Free-Work / AGSI SAS
Follow us

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team