How to promote your website with no money involved?
- Actively participating in social media discussion places,
- Don't forget the power of Q & A sites,
- Write effective, informative and quality articles on your website's blog or for article sites.
- Do decent email marketing, it is still effective and good but it could raise red flags if done wrongly.
- Social Media sites flicker, YouTube, online business directories(DMOZ, Yahoo Directory), online yellow pages and business professional’s sites like LinkedIn etc.
Use all ethical methods that can help to promote your business on different platforms.
- If you're in the position to produce a blog with some great quality content, that also helps. Even if it's just one blog post a week...
All this social media stuff can feel like a real waste of time. But if you manage the time dedicated to it effectively, then it's not so bad.
- I agree with the blog comment.
If you install wordpress onto your server in the main directory, there are some great skins (or if you're good at coding, make your own bespoke one) and you can set it up as a website. They can be very cool.
THe great thing about WP is it indexes very even if you're not an SEO genius. Plus there are some good plugins that can assist further.
The other great benefit is that you can have full control over the content without needing to pay someone or pull in favours. (assuming your not a webby person).
- cheap social bookmarking
The best deal I have found for social bookmarking is on Fiverr.com - there are a number of people who will bookmark your site with high pr sites for only a fiver
To get the best deals choose several of these guys - google seems to like several recommendations !
- How to promote your website:
1. Solidify your website SEO
2. Take advantage of email marketing
3. Start a blog
4. Try guest blogging
5. Harness the power of social media
6. Submit your site to online directories
7. Post on forums
8. Reach out with outreach marketing
9. Say it with your signature
10. Focus on quality