Le poste Datacom Architect Service - 12 months - Brussels
Partager cette offre
One of our client is looking for a Datacom Architect for a 12 months contract in Brussels. Daily rate is negotiable.
The datacom team is a.o. responsible for deployment of communication technologies such as newer IP/MPLS technology as well as more Legacy PDH, SDH technologies.
In the context of these deployments, the Datacom Architect service consists of following tasks:
Datacom network operations - Level 3 support:
- Expert support in the analysis of complex error situations, and if necessary contact the equipment supplier for further support.
- Technical validation of network changes.
- Implementation of configuration changes.
- Validation of firmware upgrades and network management system upgrades.
- Helping to integrate new concepts, work methods, templates, configuration manuals, etc. within Datacom field operations and Datacom helpdesk through proper documentation, technical workshops and feedback sessions.
Datacom network improvement support:
- Definition of measures to avoid error situations in future.
- Optimization of the network and network operations by making proposals internally and/or to the equipment suppliers.
- Evaluate comments and improvement proposals from the field.
When applicable, Infrastructure Projects - Technical support during preparation phase:
- Be the Datacom Architect representative during meetings with Infrastructure.
- In case of network extensions, perform an audit of the possible physical carriers, perform a network architecture study, and once agreed, modify the internal design documentation accordingly.
- Document Datacom validated technical solutions.
- Review project notes
- In case of scope change, analyze the impact on the Datacom solution.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of work methods, templates, documentation (participate in experience feedback, identify best practices, ...)
When applicable, Datacom project support:
- Drafting of technical specifications
- Technical evaluation of the responses.
- Establishing and executing validation test plans.
- Determine the optimal architecture.
- Supervise and technically guide field operations staff in the implementation of new technologies through technical workshops, procedures, and feedback sessions.
- Prepare planning for the rollout of new technologies in collaboration with Datacom field operations, Datacom project engineers, and other departments.
- Do this in close collaboration with other Datacom architects.
The Datacom department is in charge of:
the datacom transport network for the Client IP Networks and IT networks in general. Company has an extensive network of fibre and copper cables, supplemented by rented connections. The technologies in use at client include PDH, SDH, DWDM, FC and IP/MPLS,
the IP/Ethernet/WiFi networks used for telephony and core business needs (office network, Real Time network, ) in all of company’s administrative sites, data centres, dispatching offices,
direct IP connections with other electricity transport, distribution and generation utilities,
the protection and securing of company networks with Firewalls, DMZs (Demilitarised Zones), VPN concentrators, and similar,
the networks connecting high-voltage substations and data centres for purposes of remote surveillance, telephony, meter readings, consulting disturbance recorders, ... These networks are also used for communication between the electrical protection devices at different stations. Work has already begun to migrate these networks from TDM technology (PDH, SDH) to packet-switched technology (Ethernet, IP, MPLS),
connections with other TSOs for remote surveillance, remote protection, and telephony.
must have at least 5 years of experience in the definition, roll-out, and/or operational management of telecommunications networks.
should hold a bachelor/master’s degree in telecommunications engineering.
must have an all-round theoretical, practical and operational knowledge of WAN and LAN networks and technologies: SDH, PDH, access (X.21, G.703, E&M), Optical Modems, SHDSL modems, Routing, Switching, Fiber Cables, Copper Cables, Cabling Technologies, etc.
must have expert knowledge in one or more domains above,
must be able to assimilate new technical information quickly,
must have strong analytical skills,
must have very strong written and oral communication skills, including cross-departmental communication
must be willing to continuously refine and broaden his/her technical knowledge of WAN and LAN networks,
needs to be able to work independently and methodically,
needs to have a sense of responsibility and can assess risks accurately,
needs to be customer-oriented and cope well with stress,
needs to be a team-player and willing to share knowledge.
If you are interested, please send me your CV and I will contact you for more details.
Postulez à cette offre !
Trouvez votre prochain job parmi +15 000 offres !
Fixez vos conditions
Rémunération, télétravail... Définissez tous les critères importants pour vous.
Les recruteurs viennent directement chercher leurs futurs talents dans notre CVthèque.
Pour les salariés... et pour les freelances ! (Pas de commission prélevée sur votre mission)