Tax query; Self employed but need help from freelancer



Messages count : 1
Likes count : 0
Registration : 14 December 2015
Contact in PM

I'm registered as self employed but I need to subcontract some work to another freelancer.
I don't want them to invoice the client directly, I will pay them.
Can anyone tell me how this would work for tax purposes? Can I put this down in my accounts as a "project specific subcontractor" expense?

Thanks in advance.

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team