Tax issue with flat sharing



Messages count : 2
Likes count : 0
Registration : 25 November 2006
Contact in PM
My boyfriend is moving in with me and will be contributing towards household bills and towards my mortgage. Are there any tax issues with this? In other words, do I need to declare it as an 'income'? We have worked out the total of his contribution to be around £415 per month. I am not 'renting a room' per se.
Thanks for any advice.

Connecting tech talent

Free-Work, THE platform for all IT professionals.

Its contents and its IT job board are 100% free of charge for contractors and freelancers.

Recruiters area
2024 © Free-Work / AGSI SAS
Follow us

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team