Tax for an extra income while remaining employed

Joungmin Shin

Joungmin Shin

Messages count : 1
Likes count : 0
Registration : 27 February 2017
Contact in PM

I am working as a full-time permanent developer and recently I have been asked to do an extra project from a different company. I am a beginner for freelance job so I wonder how I report my extra income and pay tax. My full-time salary is around 40k(p/a). I will work on the extra project for 4 months where I will earn about £7000. This won't be renewed so it is a single-time project.

Could you kindly let me know easy steps about what I need to do for tax?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team