Payment Proof - Council Housing Dpt



Messages count : 9
Likes count : 0
Registration : 22 February 2007
Contact in PM
Evening all! this is my first post even though ive been using this great site for over a year.

I have a quick query regarding payment slips and the Council Housing Department.

I've moved back in with my recently divorced mother in a council house. I also run my own ltd company (design/freelance) which has always been the registered address.

The issue i have is producing proof of weekly/monthly payments?
Yes, i am the owner and the only individual running my business and no, i don't pay myself a regular salary.
I'm coming up the the end of my first year in business (May) and as a result i didn't have to submit my tax return (business started after financial year).

Anyway, my accountant has advised me not to give myself a weekly/monthly salary but instead he'll sort it out next year, which is fine.

The only thing now is the Birmingham Council want to see my proof of income to know which rent they should be charging me (i take it they work in brackets, like taxable money?).

So how do i prove my income?

Any advice would be gratfully recieved, as i have to march my backside to the place it all happens!

Everyone has one special thing - Dirk Diggler

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team