Freelance work for other countries



Messages count : 1
Likes count : 0
Registration : 1 February 2016
Contact in PM

I have done a one-off freelance job for a Swedish magazine. It's not for a lot of money - around £200. I am Swedish myself, but now registered as living, working and paying tax in the UK (I have my normal, permanent job here).

Being a UK taxpayer, how do I invoice the Swedish magazine for my work? Does anyone know? I assume I'll tax it here in the UK... These umbrella companies seem useful? I used something similar when I lived back home, but the Swedish umbrella companies like Frilans Finans seem a lot more straightforward than the British ones!

Any thoughts, ideas or just general sympathy would be appreciated! :)


FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team