Advice on paying tax



Messages count : 1
Likes count : 0
Registration : 6 December 2011
Contact in PM
Hi everyone,

My husband works full time as a Graphic Designer (employed) and has just completed some freelance work in addition to his job (less than £1,000).

How does he go about declaring this work for tax purposes?

Does he need to register as self employed and fill in a tax return. If so would he have to do the full one or just the short version.

Many thanks, Kirstin

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team